Thursday 17 June 2010

My Boat Sets Sail

If I die someday soon, remember this of me,
I looked upon life as an endless sea,
Where friends are like islands, each a brief stopover,
But I’ll sail on, destined as a tireless rover.

When I sail on, do not grieve,
I will live on, in caverns deep,
Of your minds and souls, I am sure,
Friends don’t stay, but friendships endure.

Winds of change sweep round us
We quest for change, heart’s all abuzz,
But most hold on, fearful of change,
My sail puffs, for I yearn to range.

Ahoy, ahoy, there shines the mast aloft,
Disembark those, whose mettle are soft,
I laugh as I face the turbulent sea,
Sinking means death; death means “free”!



-- jayanta ray, 17th June 2010

2 comments:

Jini said...

What a wonderful way to live life and embrace death when the time comes. wonderful piece of writing...as usual :-)

Jayanta Ray said...

Thank you, Jini, for your kind comment. :)